Re: Aspartame

Jul 15, 1996 06:33 AM
by Ann E. Bermingham

Doss:

>You may have seen my response to Jim. If you have any further interest in
>the subject, send a message to the auto responder and get the complete list
>of supporting documents from betty. I have gotten some of them.

My interest goes back to the yeast controversy back in the mid-80's.  There was
a lot publicity about people suffering many illnesses from an overgrowth of
candida throughout their body.  There was no way to test for it except by
symptom.  I was a victim of this craze and spent an entire year being treated
for something I never had in the first place.  I only found out my real problem
and received proper treatment when I went to the University of Chicago Medical
Center.

If someone suspects that aspartame is bothering  them, it  would be good to
abstain from it for a while and see if the symptoms go away.  If not, they
should go to a good university medical center, where they can do thorough
testing  and advice and experienced doctors.  It is very dangerous to make
self-diagnoses  just by reading things in the media.  Many symptoms fit many
different diseases.

>As of this writing, at least three on this list have stopped using aspartame.

Does this give you a nice sense of power, Doss? : - )

- Ann E. Bermingham