Re: qualifications

Jul 09, 1996 09:51 PM
by ramadoss

At 11:35 PM 7/9/96 -0400, you wrote:
>KKKK-QQQQ
>
>I would like to talk about 4 or so K's and 4 or so Q's.  Reading
>Krishnimurti's ghost written, so to speak, work AT THE FEET OF
>THE MASTER which we in Houston are studying, I was struck by the
>four Q's or qualifications - 1. discrimination 2.  desirelessness
>3. good conduct and 4. LOVE.  I felt like I was gushing a bit by
>bringing up the subject of love in a theosophical context, but
>better souls than I have seen to mention it now and then without
>hesitation.
>
>Krishnaji (if I may call him that) states boldy that "of all the
>qualifications, Love is the most important, for if it is strong
>enough in a man, it forces him to acquire all the rest, and all
>the rest without it would never be sufficient. Often it is
>translated as an intense desire for liberation from the round of
>births and death, and for union with God.  But to put it in that
>way sounds selfish, and gives only part of the meaning.  It is
>not so much desire as WILL, resolve, determination . . . Because
>He is Love, you, if you would become one with Him, must be filled
>with perfect unselfishness and love also....."
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

        It looks like this is the key idea. All our perceptions and actions
are distorted if they are not done with perfect unselfishnes. In one of the
later talks, Krishnaji mentions that when right response is there, there is
no choice of actions. In many cases of problems, I have personally seen that
a full understanding of the problem by itself produces the solution. That is
the problem itself contains the solution. So such an understanding, it
appears, comes easily if the situation and facts are looked at from a point
of perfect unselfishness.

        My 2 cents worth.       ....Ramadoss

>One gets the idea that through a type of tantric or bakti yoga -
>linking with the Master through Love (capitalized to refer to
>Diving love as opposed to earthly love or ego driven love, oh
>demonic separation that causeth the fall in the first place!),
>one can achieve co-equal status with the Master as his servant or
>representative.  Love is the fiat the carte blanche the VISA and
>MASTERCARD (literally). Through love we partake of the Master's
>divine nature and thus linking with Him becomes his brother and
>brides (this begins to sound a little like Catholism regarding
>monks and nuns, as well as the Buddhist tradition perhaps)>
>
>Jean Houston in her book SEARCH FOR THE BELOVED expressed the
>exact same themes present in the imitation christi, the tantic
>shakti yoga meditation and reiterated them from the Sufi
>tradition of Rumi.  Synchronisticaly, I realize that much of
>Rumi's poetry was directed at his intoxication with his male
>lover who represented the ineffable an inexpressable beyond human
>form. The whiling devershises provided a type of god-
>intoxication.
>
>Of note in the news, synchronistically (maybe everything is),is
>Jean Houston's "excercises" in talking to Eleanor Roosevelt and
>other women.  This was trivialized shamelessly by some in the
>press as a type of seance or talking to the dead.  On talk radio
>Ms. Clinton has been accused openly of dealing in the occult and
>being part of an occult conspiracy that started with - THEOSOPHY
>- would it were true.
>
>Also of note is the fact that students who dared where KKK
>letters on there hats at graduation were denied military
>promotions and were ratted on by their high school president and
>shunted off to lesser duties (I don't have the exact details).
>It seems that hate is ever noticed and follows one everywhere
>despite maybe foolish mistakes, but Love is ever occult and so
>easily left unseen or unexpressed perhaps.
>
>I read Robert Frost' FIRE AND ICE again today quite by accident
>and he explores the theme of whether the world will be destoyed
>by fire (desire-love) or ice (hate) he conludes that he prefers
>fire, but that ice will suffice.
>
>Namaste
>Keith Price

******** Peace to all living beings*****************