Re: Bee

Jul 01, 1996 00:08 AM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 07:28 PM 6/30/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Alex,
>And the British Parliament (duck, here comes Alan) can be almost as raucous.
> Every year C-Span covers the opening ceremonies and I love the moment when
>they ceremonially slam the door in the Queen's face and they have to pound on
>it to get Parliament to open up again.
>Of course, if you listen to her speech then, you realize why they don't want
>to let her in.  The poor dear is as boring as Radha.
>
>Chuck the Heretic
>
>No there's a difference, Radha I believe writes her own speeches and is
therefore entirely responsible for thie soporific qualities. HRM simply
reads what is written for her by some one in the Prime Ministers PR Office,
therefore it is her job to be soporific. I think it would be difficult to
get enthusiastic over words one not only didn't write, but with which one
might not agree at all. After all, the speech to open parliament sort of
lays out the ruling party's programme for the year. I think she's kind of a
saint for doing it, I know I wouldn't!

alex