Re: Welcome

Jul 01, 1996 00:13 AM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 07:29 PM 6/30/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Alex,
>No, an earl or above would probably be taking a cut of the take.  It was the
>houses of the squirearchy that were attacked and yes, Dick Turpin did, along
>with Jack Wild and a few others in that period.
>
>Chuck
>
>Well I won't argue but knowing the English Squirearchy ( I have bunches of
them as friends) I am surprised any baditot got to make such an attack more
than once, They're a remarkable bunch the English "Gentry"! I know ( or
rather knew, he's "passed over") a Baronet (and Vice Admiral) whose family
had been Baronets for 900 years, they always refused "promotions" on the
grounds that their own name was far too honorable to be added to in any way.

alex