Re: Internet and Theosophy/TS

Jun 26, 1996 11:31 AM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 02:51 AM 6/26/96 -0400, you wrote:
>I read with great interest the accounts of incidents that Alexis and JRC. No
>matter what one thinks or how one interprets them, the basic fact is that
>they are true facts and are of interest to some of us who are interested in
>TS and Theosophy.
>
>Once again, we are seeing the power of Internet. Theos-l has provided us
>with an medium for all of us to exchange information and such flow of
>information is not practical with the outmoded print medium, not to mention
>about the control over what gets in the print medium and what does not.
>
>It is also very interesting to note that none of the present or past elected
>officials are to be seen nowhere in any of these theos lists. One wonders
>why?  Internet newsgroups and maillists can be ignored. They are not going
>to go away.
>
>Let us hope and pray that the official establishment jumps on the bandwagon
>and makes the best use of the newsgroups and maillists for the cause of
>Theosophy and TS. I wish HPB were here to engage all of us in the most
>brilliant manner like what she did with the print medium of her day.
>

>Doss:

One thing about you, you truly CARE about the movement.

I fully agree with you as to the "power of the Internet". It will, before
too long, do more in line with the First Object than any theosophical group
has EVER done. It helped prevent the Communist Coup in Russia from
succeeding, it paved the way for Prague's "Velvet Revolution" and it will,
in time, end the tyrannies of any Government, anywhere. It will also end the
tyrrany of the media. People will inform people!

As to HPB, I am afraid, Doss that were she present today, the Theosophical
Power Players would treat her very badly. Remember, there were Theosophists
in her day who were embarrassed by her and who wanted her out of the Society
because she was "un theosophical", they also said she was rude and hot
tempered, she made a specialty of saying things people didn't want to hear.
How would that go down with John Algeo or Radha Burnier? After all, I'm just
her cousin and look how they react to me. And I am nothing more than a pale
copy of her.

alexis