Re: Alternatives? A comment or two to A.B.

Jun 17, 1996 11:43 PM
by Blavatsky Foundation

Daniel wrote:
>>I, too, would like to see these alternatives with arguments, evidence in
support
>>of them.  We hear so much talk against core theosophy yet I seldom see anyone
>>point out alternatives with the supporting arguments, etc.

Alan replied in part:
>Do you not think this approach is more than simplistic?  Might it not
>simply be possible that in certain areas at least, "core" theosophy is
>*wrong*?  Under such a circumstance, there is not necessarily an
>alternative.

Daniel replies:
Yes, of course, a certain area of core theosophy may be wrong.  And, yes,
there may not be an alternative view.

BUT IN SUCH A CASE, all that I am suggesting, is that the person, who says
such & such teaching
is wrong, allow the rest of us ACCESS to his reasoning, etc.  which lead to
the conclusion,
"This is wrong."   In other words, what is his conclusion based upon?  How
did he arrive at that
conclusion?  etc.

For example, I believe
Alexis has said something to the effect that he believes HPB wrote most if
not all of the Mahatma
Letters.   I have no idea what Alexis has based this conclusion on or for
that matter exactly
what he really means by such a statement.  We have just a declaration by
Alexis. Fine and good.
But if I am interested enough in that statement by Alexis to
ASK MYSELF whether his statement is true or not, I have no idea how he
arrived at such a
conclusion....

Written in haste,

Daniel