Re: The Spirit of Theosophy: Why the cut off date of 1880?

Jun 16, 1996 09:49 AM
by Blavatsky Foundation

Alexis writes:

 It is my very strong belief that the theosophical movement was
originally intended as an antidote to religion, as a result I regard myself
as a theological anarchist, and I truly believe that the "spirit of
theosophy" (at least from 1875-1880) was just that, spiritual anarchy.
Yelena Blavatskaya was, as I see her, an enthusiastic iconoclast, and I
admire her immensely for being so.>At 04:44 PM 6/15/96 -0400, you wrote:

Alexis, what happened in 1881?  Why do you stop at 1880?  HPB was
alive until 1891. Was she less of an enthusiastic iconoclast from
1881 till 1891?

Daniel