Re: TI first object

Jun 07, 1996 06:24 PM
by Alan

Regarding the message below, response has been small. Of those who
responded, four were firmly in favor. Three saw no need for change.  Two
proposed a completely different wording altogether, and three suggested
that the inclusion of the word "universal" was superfluous in the
present version.  The net result, such as it is, is indecisive, so the
TI first object stands unaltered.  The majority of Internet TI members,
most of whom were asked individually by e-mail, failed to respond at
all.

Alan

In message <sES10MANOcrxEwhL@nellie2.demon.co.uk>, Alan
<TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk> writes

>It has been proposed that the TI first object could be better expressed.
>
>The suggestion as it stands at present would alter the first object to
>be altered as shown:
>
>[THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL comprises men and women who, of their own
>   free choice, subscribe to the spirit of the three objects first
>   formulated by the Theosophical Society, but in a more up-to-date
>   form based on suggestions by members of the internet community,
>   and expressed thus:]
>
>1. To form a nucleus within the universal human family, without
>   distinction of sex, sexual orientation, creed, class, or color.
>
>[Current version]
>
>1. To put into practice the fact that we are all parts of one universal
>human family, without distinction of sex, sexual orientation, creed,
>class, or color.
>
>[Suggested revision]
>
>TI members please comment - ALL members!
>
>TIA,
>
>Alan
---------
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: