Re: Core Teachings (to Chuck)

Jun 06, 1996 08:45 PM
by Drpsionic

Jerry,
We will never end the arguing and the shouting.  That is part of being a
theosophist, our bull-headed independence.  So rather than fight it, I think
we should celebrate it for what it is, one of our great strengths.  Let's be
honest, no one is ever going to accuse theosophy of brainwashing.  Hell, some
of us don't even have brains to wash (Yoohoo, Horatio...)
It is true we have turnover of about one third each year and the membership
(at least TSA) stays about steady at between 4 and 5 thousand depending on
how many people get mad about something in a given year (our big drop was the
Bing Escudero debacle in 1990).  This is normal
I find it fascinating that psychic disasters can now be treated as mental
illness in the same year that S/M is now considered normal human behavior.
 The shrinks have finally entered the 20th century, and not a year too soon
since it's almost over.  Now if we can do the same for the TS...

Chuck MTI, FTSA
Heretic
Troublemaker