Re: Two general questions

Jun 06, 1996 03:58 PM
by Jerry Schueler

>When you reveal to others that you have chosen the path of Theosophy, what
>do you find to be the general (if there is one in your case) reaction to be?

	Horror.  My family and friends were either Christian
Scientists or fundamentalists, and all were taught that
Theosophy is Satanic.  Mary Baker Eddy was much against it.
She wrote that "nothing good will ever come out of the East."
(HPB didn't have much good to say about Christian Science either).
Most of my family is gone now, but I have learned to speak little
about Theosophy to anyone, but rather to act as a theosophist
without talking about it.  I only discuss it when asked, which
is not often.

	Jerry S.
	Member, TI