Contributions of AB & CWL to Theosophy and TS

Jun 03, 1996 04:07 AM
by ramadoss

There have been some mention about the contributions of Annie Besant and C W
Leadbeater to Theosophy and Theosophical Society.

It was during the time of Annie Besant and C W Leadbeater, the membership of
the Theosophical Society, Adyar grew enormously until the drop after J
Krishnamurti made his famous "Truth is a Pathless Land" statement.

If you look at the current statistics of the various organizations in the
Theosophical Movement, the membership and the number of countries in which
branches are active, TS, Adyar is the largest. All the other Theosophy
organizations have membership which are very small and the countries in
which they are active are few. (If anyone has statistical information to
support or dispute this, I would welcome it).

While Olcott established branches far and wide, it is the lectures and books
of  AB and CWL which introduced Theosophy to most of the members. I am one
of those who benefitted by reading the books and lectures of AB and CWL.

But for the contributions of AB and CWL, IMHO, TS, Adyar would now have the
membership and geographical coverage similar to that of the other TS
organizations.

As the facts speak for themselves, and each can draw their own conclusions
about the contributions of AB and CWL.

As one Adept said "Ingratitude is not one of our vices,", let us ponder over
what AB and CWL have contributed to Theosophy and TS.

        ....Ramadoss