Re: What are the Masters doing?

Jun 02, 1996 00:00 AM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 06:46 PM 6/1/96 -0400, you wrote:

>Martin comments:
>you use the word 'of course' quite often in your postings.
>Is this supposed to add weight to your utterances?

Martin: I'm, among many other things, a professional writer. The "of course"
is what is called a "stylistic habit" and has no other motivation. I think
it would help if you were not so totally negative in your perception of
everything I say and do.

>Alexis>I do suggest that it might be polite if you'd "butt out' of what is
>obviously a personal continuing conversation in a jocular vein.
>

>Martin comments:
>'jocular vein', really.. Is it perceived so by Liesel?

How "perceived by Liesel" she has made it clear that she has filtered both
Chuck and myself...so what we say is hardly anything we expect her to read.

>And whence this sulky posting of yours if it concerns only 'jocular vein'?
>There is evidently a contradiction between tone and content here..

This is entirely your personal perception Martin, and I think "sulky" is a
word one uses to children and I am probably your senior.

>Alexis> You don't have the faintest idea what the continuing conversation is
>all about so why impose upon it? If you had even a faint idea why Paul
>Johnson is upset with Daniel Caldwell or why I am upset with Liesel
>F.Deutsch you'd have some grounds to discuss it. But you don't so, I repeat,
>why impose yourself when you have no knowledge of the causes or situation?
>
>Martin comments: Before you were a subscriber to theos-l I was at least two
>or three times so, dropping out after certain periods for various reasons.
>I'm quite aware of the Paul Johnson - Daniel Caldwell debates and ditto
>with the debates regarding Leadbeater. So, I *do* know about it, actually
>more than I would like to. I will say one thing however, and it is this:
>even if you're right about Leadbeater (Jerry H-E has in the past mentioned
>some documentary evidence regarding the 'Leadbeater  case'), even then
>it is far wiser to take someone's [substitute: Liesel] feelings into account
>and not try to put your idea's through someone's throat.

They're not "ideas" Martin they are facts!

 This person will
>probably vomit and it might just end right in your face.. (an ugly picture, but
>a psychological truth). Don't you think you might actually accomplish more
>if you would be a little more considerate at times?

If you'd been on the list at that time, you'd know that I started out by
being very considerate indeed. I dropped the subject entirely and didn't
even refer to it. It was only when CWL unavoidably came up in a context
divorced from his pederasty and I disagreed with him on some philosophical
matters, that Liesel "went off like a rocket". How about Liesel being
considerate of my feelings? Eh?

>A basic thing is having respect for each other, and I suspect that you
>DO have respect 'even for Liesel' despite the comments you were exchanging.
>I have (and hate it) to be nitpicking on this point because this respect is
not
>sounding through very much in your posts (the same would probably be true
>for Liesel regarding you - I would have to trace back all the posts even before
>I subscribed to this forum this time to be more definitely here)

Do so.

>Can't you show a little more of that to her?
 It's far too late for that Martin, I will, if I can, have no further
contact with her at all. I don't really like dealing with people who call
you names when you disagree with them.

>Friendly,
>
>Martin Euser

I am nobody's enemy Martin.