Bickering Nonsense Claims Another Poster

May 30, 1996 10:24 AM
by Ann E. Bermingham

Alexis:
>I think it only fair to assume that Mr. Ramadoss considers the affairs of
>the Theosophical Society in America (and particularly apparent malfeasance
>in electoral matters) an appropriate ISSUE for a list called Theos-List.
>Other people  may not agree with him, while still others may. May I ask
>where else can he bring this up. I for one, know of no other forum except
>alt.theosophy and that is both brand-new, and entirely different in
orientation.

>Mr Ramadoss has an incurable habit of cross-posting in multiples of four
>that irritate me no end, but I have not threatened to unsubscribe over it. I
>would like to ask why we can't all be more considerate of each other's
>differences, and tolerant of disagreements, so that people don't threaten to
>"Unsubscribe" every time someone posts something they don't like? Or worse
>yet, disagrees with them. There's been altogether too much of that on this
>list lately, and I for one find it entirely puerile.

It seems that the bickering nonsense that pervades all the other theos-lists has
finally made its way to theos-new, as well.  I have no disagreement with any of
the posts on theos-news, except for the fact that most of them, lately, are not
news and belong on the other parts of the list.  Recently, someone posted about
the declining number of members on the theos-lists.  Could one of the reasons
why people are signing off have something to do with the extreme lack of
netiquette on the theos-lists?

I subscribe to more than one list and have every right to "unsubscribe" whenever
I feel my time is being wasted on any one of them.

Before I unsubscribe on theos-news, I wish to publicy state that my resignation
from all the current theos-lists has nothing to do with intolerance or
disagreement of opinon.  It has to do with some of the list members failure to
act like intelligent and responsible adults on the Internet.

Sincerely,
Ann E. Bermingham
Member TI