Re: Discussions

May 30, 1996 04:02 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <9605302009.AA28890@alpinet.net>, Bjorn Roxendal
<roxendal@sunrise.alpinet.net> writes

>>>snip<<<

>the question has been asked as to whether the Theosophic movement is
>serving any serious constructive purpose at this moment. The same question
>should be asked about this list.

This list is one of four.  However, from time to time information of one
sort or another appears (such as you mention below, and which I for one
went to and read).  Part of my own contribution has been the (somehwat
slow) uploading of theosophical classic texts to the list theos-roots,
as well as other material to theos-buds.  Most subscribers seem to take
all four lists, but it is not compulsory.  Theos-l, as I understand it,
is for very general discussion and even quite mundane conversation of a
"getting to know you" kind, and I see no harm in that - theosophical
objects can be served by meeting people vie the net - people we would
never get to talk to at all without it.

>To the people who still are brave enough to participate with constructive
>contributions and ideas (such as the "Learning with Light" - article): Your
>contributions are valuable and appreciated. Perhaps, with the assistance of
>the listowner, this list can be transformed into an instrument for action
>and service to a suffering humanity!

You describe yourself as a student (chela).  I have had many students
over some forty years of study, and have learnt quite a bit *from them*.
So ... Bjorn, *your* contributions need not be witheld!

Alan :-)
---------
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL:
Ancient Wisdom for a New Age