Re: Discussions

May 30, 1996 02:28 PM
by m.k. ramadoss

On Thu, 30 May 1996, Bjorn Roxendal wrote:

> I am new to this list and am shocked at the level and type of discussions
> going on here. I am also a student (chela) of the Masters and can't see that

	Can you clarify this please. Many of us are students of wisdom
and are in search of Truth. Which Masters are you referring to?

> this list serves the cause of the Brotherhood. I would suggest that the list
> owner either

	Generally Theosophists tend to be highly independent minded one
who argue a lot. Cause of the Brotherhood is served we as individuals
help our fellow humans in any way every minute of the day.

> 1. cut off the most destructive participants

        The last thing you want is any kind of censorship. In the past
censorship has been exercised by various organizations by controlling the
flow of information. Internet is the first tool that has not yet
succumbed to censorship.

> or
>
> 2. close the list

	If you personally does not like or think that it is serving the
purpose, closing the list is not a wise thing to do. After closing, what
do we do next. Where do we discuss matters relating to TS and TSA? Any ideas?

> Indeed the question has been asked as to whether the Theosophic movement is
> serving any serious constructive purpose at this moment. The same question
> should be asked about this list.

	I have been a member of the TS for several years. In the span of
eight months of subscription to theos-xxxx, I have learnt very valuable
information which I did not learn in the past several decades. So it has
helped me.

	In any list there is going to be what is known as noise to signal
ratio. Each one of us may see things we personally do not like. So each
one of us try to shape it according to what we like. This is so with
another list I am subscribed to.

> To the people who still are brave enough to participate with constructive
> contributions and ideas (such as the "Learning with Light" - article): Your
> contributions are valuable and appreciated. Perhaps, with the assistance of
> the listowner, this list can be transformed into an instrument for action
> and service to a suffering humanity!
>
> Bjorn
>
> roxendal@alpinet.net

	Let us come up with some practical ideas to help serve humanity.
But I would not for a moment consider any kind of control of the list to
make it a better instrument.

	Let us all recognize that Internet is a totally new ball game. It
is going to take time to get used to it.

	One of the first things I would like to see is to get more
publicity for the list so that more subscribers can access and
participate in the discussions here.

	Glad to see your input. Let us get this thread going in full steam!!!

	...Ramadoss