TSA Election Voting Tally Update

May 30, 1996 05:33 AM
by ramadoss

Hi

This morning I FAXED a letter to John Algeo which I think might interest
some of you. Again based on the Gerda Thomson incident, the issue of
member's access to TSA information is a very important and fundamental one.

As of this writing, I am yet to receive any response from John Algeo on
Election Tally Count.

MK Ramadoss

========================

FAX MESSAGE

 May 30, 1996 7:15 AM

 John Algeo
 National President
 Theosophical Society in America
 Wheaton IL

                      ELECTION VOTING TALLY

 Dear Bro. Algeo:

 This is in continuation of the one page letter (along with two
 page attachment) I faxed you yesterday.

 In this connection, it may be recalled that in January 1996 I
 brought to the attention of yourself and other elected members
 of the Board of Directors the issue of "secret" and "sacred"
 membership list incident of 1990 in which Gerda Thompson (a long
 time member of TSA) was held by TSA to have broken the bylaws
 and which resulted in Hein van Buesekom informing her she had
 broken the by-laws and acted so untheosophically that she was
 suspended from ES with no time limit mentioned. Of course I
 fully know TSA has "nothing" officially to do with ES and how
 Hein (who is not an officer of TSA) got to know of a private
 communication from TSA to Gerda Thompson is very interesting.

 When I brought up the above matter and pointed out that she did
 not break any bylaws and the incident seems to have been due to
 ignorance of the law by those in the TSA administration and that
 a great injustice was done to Gerda Thompson and a public
 apology is due to her from every individual, known and unknown,
 who was in the decision making and implementation chain. I also
 wanted to make sure that this kind of injustice is never again
 meted to any other member in the future.

 I also specifically quoted the Illinois General Not for Profit
 Corporation Act which specifies that any member entitled to
 vote, or that member's agent or attorney can access all books
 and records for any purpose.

 I expected some action on the above from Olcott and I have not
 seen any yet. If prompt attention was paid to the above matter,
 the free and full of access and disclosure requirement of the
 law would be very clear to you and you would have no problem in
 sending me voting tally information with no restrictions or
 conditions attached.

 I expect (1) quick action from you and (2) to receive the voting
 tally details by FAX expeditiously.

 With fraternal greetings
                                         Yours fraternally

                                         M. K. Ramadoss