Re: Munchkins

May 28, 1996 10:40 PM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 01:58 PM 5/28/96 -0400, you wrote:
>At 12:55 PM 5/28/96 -0400, you wrote:
>
> As formulated in 1875 the theosophical movement
>>was entirely relevant and terribly important to the "state of civilization",
>>but where is it now?
>
>Yes, is there any action in the movememt or is it mainly a gathering place
>for more or less lifeless philosophical discussions? Is any breaking of new
>ground taking place?
>
>Bjorn
>

>roxendal@alpinet.net
>

>Bjorn:

The movement as it stands today is exactly as you described it. "A gathering
place for more or less lifeless philosophical discussions". It is also a
gathering place for the smug and self-satisfied. It' started as a totally
iconoclastic movement whose goal was comparison, study, experimentation and
service, but all of that fell by the wayside some time ago.

Is any breaking of new ground taking place? Yes, I think so, I for one am
trying desperately to do so. Theosophy International is really "New Ground"
and more important, NEW ATTITUDE! There are those on this List and the news
group Alt.theosophy who are certainly iconoclastic and in search of
discussions and activities which aren't lifeless.

Why don't you join us and see for yourself?

alexis dolgorukii