Re: cross posting

May 23, 1996 11:31 PM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 09:20 PM 5/23/96 -0400, you wrote:
>In message <960523113205_72724.413_FHP48-2@CompuServe.COM>, Sy Ginsburg
><72724.413@CompuServe.COM> writes
>>I do not have a solution to this traffic problem, but believe that it is a
more
>>serious problem than the complaints about people arguing, etc.  I present
it to
>>the techies among you to see if there is some way in which theos-*
messages can
>>clearly be delineated as such, so that a subscriber  can easily delete them
>>without deleting and/or interfering with his/her other email.
>>
>>Sy Ginsburg
>
>I get up to FOUR copies of MOST of Doss's postings.  I have asked hime
>more than once not to cross-post the same message to different theos-
>lists, but so far no success.
>
>Alan
>---------
>THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL:
>Ancient Wisdom for a New Age
>TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk
>
>Alan:

The cross postings aren't the only problem. What about all the other
messages that Doss simply re-posts to signify agreement. So many times in
the last months I have opened postings from Doss only to see a repeat of a
posting I had just read from Bee or someone.And then it's usually posted
three or four times, so that makes five possibilities or responding to a
posting you probably already <deleted>. The cross postings are beginning to
make me cross. You too, obviously.

Also, I've been watching these messages carefully and Doss never seems to
respond to you when you ask him a serious question. I, personally have only
asked him one serious question and he ignored it. He made a comment that the
Brahmin Caste is in the forefront of all change in India. I asked him if HE
was a Brahmin, but he never answered. I, of course disagree with his
statement. With tremendous and spectacular exceptions like Jawaharlal Nehru,
most Indian Modern History would make it seem that the Brahmins are in the
forefront of the resistance to change. My many Indian friends all tell me
that this so-called Hindu Party that just won the last election is Brahmin
led and Brahmin inspired, and the only change they seem to want is to go
backwards in time. Oh well.

alexis