Re: Why the Drop in the number of Subscribers?

May 23, 1996 12:18 PM
by Bee Brown

Richtay@aol.com wrote:

> Bee writes,
>
> > I have left theos-l now because it no longer interests me to spend the time
>
> > on it. ... I will stick with theos
> > news for the odd snippet and the literature that appears from time to time.
> > It was nice knowing you all but enough is enough.
>
> Ditto.  Enough IS enough.  However, I've signed onto theos-world which
> apparently is slated to start in early June sometime, I don't know exactly
> when.  Looks fun.  I sure hope there's fewer nasty arguments though.  It
> would be great to have civil conversations, even when people don't
> necessarily agree.  It would be especially great to hear, like when Bee
> posted about her lodge, what people are doing in their own areas for
> Theosophy.  What are they studying in groups or alone?  How do they make the
> teachings real in their life?

I echo the above sentiments. I would like to read people discussing theosophy
and how it is for them without personalities taking umbrage. Detachment is
one of the virtues of wisdom and I like to hear what everyone has to say in
an amiable exchange of views.

> Recently, I found that joining Amnesty International and writing a few
> letters a month to free prisoners of conscience really worked with my
> Theosophical philosophy.  Especially when I wrote a letter for a poor Tibetan
> nun locked in a Chinese prison.  The poor woman was just practising her
> religion as a celibate nun, and she got locked up for saying in public one
> time "free Tibet."  God forbid.  So that's one way Theosophy comes alive in
> my life.

Good on you. Remind me to tell you about a new mystery school starting in NZ
when I return from my exec meeting in Auckland. I am on my way shortly and
get back on Momday. I haven't made up my mind what I think about it. I know
the lady spearheading it and she is a real dynamo but it may be too
intellectual.
Spot you soon.

Bee Brown.