Re: Unveiled Isis

May 21, 1996 04:45 PM
by Jerry Hejka-Ekins

Hello Antonio Abrantes,

>At Vol III chapter VII, (near Note 51) (In portuguese edition,
>Unveiled Isis was published in four volumes: Vol I and II
>Science, Vol III and IV Theology),  HPB states that Athanasius
>killed Arius THIS HPB'S STATEMENT IS WRONG.

Thanks for this interesting post.  It seems that when I most need
to be doing other things, the most interesting posts do come up.
Yes, HPB made errors in a number of places in ~Isis Unveiled.~  I
wasn't aware of this one, but there are others.  For instance,
sometimes she gets her Clements mixed up.  I wish my theosophy
teacher was still alive.  She was very knowledgeable on Greek
church history and would have enjoyed corresponding with you.

Now as I said, there are many mistakes in ~Isis Unveiled~, but it
is well known that there are also many mistakes in Gibbon's
interested if you were to find a third and more contemporary
study on this period and see what it has to say on this subject.

I hope that you stay around for a while, as I'm genuinely very
interested in what you have to say on this subject.  I would like
to hear more.  Alan Bain should also enjoy corresponding with
you.  When I have more time, I also have a few comment of my own.

Thanks for your contribution
JHE
   |Jerry Hejka-Ekins,                      |
      |Member TI, TSA, TSP, ULT                |
         |Please reply to: jhe@toto.csustan.edu   |
            |and CC to jhejkaekins@igc.apc.org       |