Re: Unveiled Isis

May 21, 1996 07:30 AM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <159233568E@serv.peb.ufrj.br>, ABRANTES@serv.peb.ufrj.br
writes
>Hello.
>
>My name is Antonio Abrantes, and I am not member of any Theosophical
>society. I am roman catholic. I am brazilian and my english is not so good, so
>sorry if I commit
>some mistakes!. Recently I read a HPB's book called Unveiled Isis, and I would
>like to discuss
>some points here, OK?
>
>At Vol III chapter VII, (near Note 51) (In portuguese edition, Unveiled Isis was
>published in four
>volumes: Vol I and II Science, Vol III and IV Theology), HPB states that
>Athanasius killed Arius
>THIS HPB'S STATEMENT IS WRONG.

Welcome, Antonio, and I thank you for your contribution.  It is
interesting in more ways than one.

1. You have pointed out that HPB made a mistake.  Some people will not
like to see their "saint" in error!

2. As A Roman Catholic, you could, if you wanted, be a member of the
largest Theosophical Society, as it admits members "without distinction
of creed."  Here you might just create a problem for theosophical
fundamentalists.

I hope you find much of Value in "Isis Unveiled" as I did many years
ago.  It remains, however, a signpost along the way.  Theosophy is not a
creed, nor os it a religion (though it is at times difficult to see
this).

I wish you well,

In Peace,

Alan Bain