Re: To: Martin, Character incomp..; Alan

May 21, 1996 03:42 PM
by Martin_Euser

>Liesel writes:
>Dear Martin,
>
>I think your message contains some really wonderful ideas. I'm also one of
>those who would prefer to talk about some practical applications of
>Theosophy. If I can make a suggestion, would you have time to take one or 2
>of those items you talk about, or however many you could handle, & make them
>into a department of TI.

Alan>Brilliant idea!

Martin comments: it actually seems a good idea to me. The only thing is
that I'm finding myself paying much attention to theos-l now and my
program of writing theosophy-related articles is already behind scheme.
Now, if any other participant of this discussion has the urge to write
something along this line, please go ahead!
Note, however, that I consider my article on 'the psychological key to man'
(available on www.spiritweb.org) to be of very practical value.
But, if I feel inspired, I may compose something along the line of Liesel's
suggestion. That will take considerable time though, unless there is some
speeding up of events and some necessity of doing so. It would decrease
my partaking in discussions though- sometimes I wished I could live three
lives simultaneously on this earth.
Now, don't you start about that, Alexis, I don't think that even you
could do that :)

Liesel> You write well. Maybe you could elicit some
>comments & questions by writing out some of the things you've experienced,
>or others you know have experienced, & put them of theos-buds? How does that
>grab you?
>
>Liesel

I second the motion!
Alan

Martin comments: I have a bit of a difficulty to see how I could phrase
my (limited) experiences in such a way that it would actually benefit
others. That is probably more a thing for Alexis and others.
I might have to say something useful when the occasion arises, e.g.
as a feedback or something like that to someone on alt.theosophy.
It all has to evolve, take shape and grow, I guess, especially since
I have never written on such topics and feel myself more inclined
to rephrase theosophical teachings, including esoteric interpretations of
Christian and other belief-systems and synthesize a bit of psychology
into it. Well, we'll see.

Martin