Re: Character incomp..; alt.theosophy;Liesel;Ramadoss

May 21, 1996 02:22 PM
by Martin_Euser

R(amadoss)>Your message goes to the fundamental objective of why Theosophy
was given to the world by HPB and why TS was started. To help each of us to
help
our fellow humans in any way we can.

M(artin)> Truely so.

R>Theosophy is in dire need to bring new Theosophists. Internet is a
powerful medium and should be fully used for spread of Theosophy.

R>Can we put all our creative talents to work and see what we can do in
this direction.Any ideas?

M>Indeed so, and I have done some introductory work one and a half years
  ago. (See signature at the end of my post) . Much can be done to promulgate
  theosophy effectively. Personally I see more than one way this can be done.
  Being myself versed in theosophy and having access to tons of good stuff
  in my own country (most of this stuff being on cassette and in the Dutch
  language and ditto for books), I have set up a program for my own to
  paraphrase and rephrase theosophy. But that may not be exactly along
  the lines you've been thinking. I believe that an integration is possible
  with some developments in psychology, notably transpersonal psychology
  and psychosynthesis (Assagioli, who was influenced by theosophy)
  but I would have to look closer though  at this possibility.
  That would be a second way to spread Theosophy and it ties in with
  the experiential approach Alexis has been talking about.

R>As it stands now, a newbee who signs up on this list, is likely to be
terrified and intimidated of even asking any simple questions because of the
tone and content of the message traffic here.

M> That's too bad. Maybe alt.theosophy is a more appropriate forum
   for newbees. Not that I like to denigrate anybody on this list,
   maybe it's just too much a list for the well-versed theosophists.
   I'm simply considering alternatives how to reach a broader audience.

R>Some newbees may have some dumb questions.

M> I doubt if there are really dumb questions. Even a seemingly simple
   question might open some new vista of thought, providing a new perspective
   on things.

L(iesel)>Dear Martin,
I think your message contains some really wonderful ideas. I'm also one of
those who would prefer to talk about some practical applications of
Theosophy. If I can make a suggestion, would you have time to take one or 2
of those items you talk about, or however many you could handle, & make them
into a department of TI. You write well. Maybe you could elicit some
comments & questions by writing out some of the things you've experienced,
or others you know have experienced, & put them of theos-buds? How does that
grab you?

M> Hi Liesel,

Thanks for your message. Let me clarify a bit on this topic of practical
applications and rephrasing of theosophy.

1. Rephrasing or maybe better: using plain language in an effort of
promulgating theosophy I feel able to do. Others can do that too if they
want to and have time & energy to do so. Alan Bain is willing to do some
work on this area too, being a long-time kabbalist (do I say this right, Alan?).

2. Integration of theosophy with transpersonal psychology and related
   stuff (e.g. Assagioli). This would require some study by me, but since
   i'm a psychologist and have some experience with 'the beyond'
   it will probably be possible. It would sure be nice to have support
   and ample clarification by others. I'm thinking of Alexis, John, Alan,
   and there will be others too who can contribute to such a synthesis,
   I suppose.
   This kind of things may very well happen in the context of alt.theosophy.
So, why not join us there?

3. About my own experiences. Now *that*'s something I do not talk about
   often. I did it a little bit last week. Sometimes I put some phrase
   in third person singular when it actually is something I have been
   experiencing myself. Not a false modesty, but I simply don't like to
display things I hold dear. Not so long ago people were killed for
   talking on real spiritual stuff and they still are being killed for that
   in some countries. Nowadays, in the West, there seems to be a more open
   ear for 'abnormal' experiences. So, when you have a bit of patience you
may see interesting discussions evolve around experiences people have had
   and still have. This could well be on another forum. I might find
   myself drawn into a 'vortex of energy-interchange' when that kind
   of discussions would be alive and thriving.

   To end this posting: I'm not an active shaman or whatever, but I *have*
   found confirmation (on the psychic and spiritual planes) for some of the
theosophical teachings, that is: in my own experiences. Nowadays I find
   myself busy with people on the social level, which is a very good thing
   for me to do. My telepathic faculty is not working so strong as a good
year ago, but that bothers me not in the least. If it is necessary it will
be there. If not, there will be reasons for it.

   C'est la vie.
   Martin

Spirit-WWW                       Let us be united
http://www.spiritweb.org/        in our common search
See theosophy section            for truth