Re: An Uneasy "Guideline"

May 21, 1996 00:36 AM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 09:42 PM 5/20/96 -0400, you wrote:
>In message <2.2.32.19960521074359.00688f18@mail.deltanet.com>, "Eldon B.
>Tucker" <eldon@theosophy.com> writes
>>Although there has been no official guidelines for theos-l
>>there has come to be an unspoken one. We don't talk about
>>the psychic.
>
>Why on earth not?  We talk about most things?
>
>This is still an *unmoderated* forum.  *Nothing* need be unspoken, as
>you cannot fail to have noticed.  Please do not try to make rules for
>the rest of us.
>
>I for one have and use psychic faculties.  They have developed, as HPB
>and others have mentioned in the past, as a consequence of following the
>Path.  They may not be the Path itself, but they can be damned useful
>along the way.  They may not always be nice, but they are often
>educational, to say the least.
>
>Examples:  I was aware of the horror of the massacres in T. Square in
>China before the official news came through.  2. I was chatting with the
>"spirit" helpers during the horror of the Lockerbie (Scotland) plane
>bomb which killed the entire crew and passengers plus many people in the
>small village where the plane and bodies crashed.
>
>Maybe you are frightened of this sort of thing?
>
>I have decided to change the unnoficial guidelines.
>
>We DO talk about the psychic.  I just did.
>
>BTW - are there any other "unofficial guidelines" I should know about?
>
>In amazement,
>
>Alan
>---------
>THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL:
>Ancient Wisdom for a New Age
>TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk
>
>alan: Hat off to you! I salute you! That's what those of us who have those
kind of experiences need to do. And I have been talking to spiritual helpers
in Bosnia and Northern Ireland for years. (And being one I might add,
Shamans live in both realities at once) The newly excarnate in those
situations need a lot of guidance and "gentling". I think you absolutely
"hit the nail square on the head" when you brought up the subject of fear.
As you know I do healings, both the old fashioned "laying on of hands" and
th Shamanic spirit assisted kind. When I do it it is a very strong
experience for the patient. They know something is happening to them, I
don't have to suggest or tell them that something happened. Well, I had a
young AIDS patient who had a fundamentalist background and I was using the
"laying on of hands" technique. He screamed, jumped up from my "healing
stool" and said Oh Jesus save me you're the Devil! And that because he
actually felt something strongly. Probably the most uphill part of the
battle is calming irrational fears of the paranormal.