Re: Downhill paths - Don2alexis

May 20, 1996 00:59 AM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 08:19 PM 5/19/96 -0400, you wrote:
>alexis:
>
>Wow!  Thanks for all the really kind words!  I quite expected to get flamed
from
>my post and didn't expect such compliments!  I'm glad my thoughts did not fall
>on deaf ears.  As you can see in my reply to Alan's comments, I quoted your
>bottle analogy a few times!

I did see your message to alan and I agree with a plain majority of what you
said except one thing.
alexis is a him not a her. In Russian it's alexei, in english that's
translated to Alexis. It's an honest mistake though I've seen Dynasty too.

>Still, I can feel what is going on here on Buds; its like a birth process or
>something.  And you are right that taking the institutional TS on on its own
>terms is doomed to fail.  Its the home court advantage kind of thing.  When
they
>can frame the terms of the debate, they have loaded the dice in their favor
from
>the very begining.  And the fact that they do  do this so much is why, I
>believe, the world at large has mostly ignored the TS.  Reasonable and open
>people are not afraid of honest debate or constructive critisism.

Absolutely true. The TSA has 4200 members, the T.S. world-wide some 30,000,
and the "schismatics" some 5,000 more at the most! In a world with some 4
and a half BILLION people, that's so insignificant it is hard to make a
metaphor of. And that is humanity's judgement on the subject.

>Anyway, I don't know what I am trying to accomplish out here.  I feel for
>everybody tho.  I see so much injustice in the world, and it is just absurd to
>me to see the TS get away with its little share of contributing to this
>injustice.  I love Ramadoss for the way he picks at them in Wheaton.  They
>really need it bad and Rama does a great job giving it to them.  But even this
>is nowhere near enough because underneath all this politicing are real human
>beings with real needs, none of which are being met.  So, the TS plays out its
>petty little drama and only adds to the noise and confusion of a world in deep
>need of healing.  Really, given the TS's history, its in no position to offer
>healing and guidance to anyone.  It has too many skeletons in  its own closet.

And some of them are dreadfully ugly!

>But we in this cyberforum don't need any of that crap.  *We* can offer good
>stuff to people just, as I said, by being a place where people can come and be
>themselves.  Not everybody has a need to dominate the lives and minds of other
>people.  Most people just want to feel like they belong and they are
>contributing.  Unfortunately, people who do have a need to dominate others tend
>to take advantage of the goodwill of people who just want to belong; you know,
>the old wolf and sheep game.  Most TS members are just poor sheep sucked into
>the scam of the wolves.  Its only because we have this rapid communication
>medium and can exchange info so quickly that we are even capable of recognizing
>the wolves are even at work in the TS.

Please find a different metaphor than "wolves", a very large male wolf
sleeps at the foot of my bed every night, and comparing him with the
Theosophical bureaucracy is insulting to him. (grin) But that aside, I know
what you mean to say and I totally agree.

>I feel bad for the local lodge members in my area.  They are good people and
>they only know what Wheaton wants them to know.  I wouldn't even think  of
>sharing with them ideas that we regularly discuss out here amongst ourselves
>because it would be so shattering to them.  And it would only be me saying it,
>and it would be my word against the word of the "important people" in Wheaton.
>They do not have the weight of everybody elses thoughts out here on the list as
>I do.  So, I am friendly and kind with them, but feel bad because they have so
>little scope as to the real politics that are operating in the TS.
>
>Well, alexis, I'll close here.  Once again, thank you for all the kind words.
>I'm glad it has inspired you.  Your enthusiasm is deeply appreciated.
>
>Don

It is not appreciated by everybody. But having even one person who does is
worth all the "flaming" I get. but after all doesn't flame purify?

alexis>