Re: Bashing of Eldon?????

May 19, 1996 01:23 PM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 11:54 AM 5/19/96 -0400, you wrote:

>I see your 'horror' and frustration about what is going on on theos-l. I
>share those feelings too. I really don't know what can be done. This is as
>far theosophical as you can get. The Internet has a lot of potential but so
>far we haven't used it. We keep playing the same intellectual games and
>trying to satisfy our personal egos, with something that is not
>intellectual and in order to get in touch with It, we have to transcend our
>egos.
>
>This is definitely not a way of either discuss, or live theosophy.
>
>In Shame,
>
>Rodolfo Don

Rudy:

I am somewhat horrified by your response to Daniel. One: You know me
personally, am I such a horrible person? Did you actually read what I wrote
to Eldon? I didn't attack him personally, but I did take him to task for his
veiled attacks on others. I was complaining about his attitude that no one
but him understands what Theosophy is all about. I especially was annoyed by
his implying that Alan Bain didn't understand what Theosophy was all about.
It seems to me that Eldon grants no one else the possession of intelligence
or learning. TWO: I have spent far too many years fighting racism to agree
to it's being sold as part of theosophy.

Now it's seems perfectly ok on this list to imply that Alexis, as a psychic,
is psychotic, or that Alexis when he defends human rights is "Theosophy
Bashing" but it is NOT alright for Alexis to respond. I am certainly not
"playing intellectual games" nor "satisfying my personal ego" but I am
trying to live theosophically and that distinctly includes telling the truth
as I see it. That is something that will never be a cause of shame to anyone!

As to what can be done? Well may I suggest just a moments even-handedness?

Most disappointedly:

alexis