Re: Bashing of Eldon?????

May 19, 1996 01:09 PM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 11:18 AM 5/19/96 -0400, you wrote:

>Is Alexis attacking  Eldon?   Instead of showing where Eldon's ideas
>are wrong, why  is Alexis getting personal and bashing Eldon?
>
>Alexis, PLEASE, PLEASE SHOW US THE IRRATIONALITY OF ELDON'S IDEAS.  CONVINCE
>US WITH REASON AND LOGIC.
>
>But please don't bash Eldon personally.  I hope others will speak up.  This
>is very disturbing and I don't think Eldon should be subjected to such
>treatment.
>
>John Mead, is Theos-l to be a forum for personally attacking other people?
>
>Daniel

So Alexis is "bashing Eldon"! And what may I ask is to be made of Eldon's
charges and assertions that paranormality is pathology? To claim that
psychic experienced is pathology based or psychotic is a direct "bash" of a
number of people on this list, myself certainly included. Is not making a
strong statement that "psychic = psychotic" a personal attack on everyone
who has discussed being psychic? But to take Eldon to task for this is
"Eldon Bashing"? When Eldon accuses people, and I am hardly the only one, of
"Theosophy Bashing" when we point out the racist overtones in the "Racial
hypotheses" of Core Theosophy" that is NOT "bashing". Oh come on Daniel,
what's "sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander". Eldon wraps his
"bashing" in all kinds of rhetoric but it's "bashing" all the same. I don't
have to show us the irrationality of Eldon's notions, he does an excellent
job all by himself. But I do have to expose what I see as the inherent
ill-will in his position and the absolutely unacceptable nature of racism in
any form no matter what rhetoric it's wrapped in.

Frankly when eldon makes it clear that as far as he's concerned the only
person on this list who truly "understands" the deeper aspects of theosophy
is Eldon B. Tucker then it's a direct assault on the intelligence and
understanding of everyone on this board who may have th temerity to disagree
with him. I am attacking his ideas, and his attitude but that, to grown ups,
is not a personal attack on him. I am attacking Eldon's words not Eldon
himself, That is almost exactly what Eldon does to me except I am not a
"spin doctor" and he is. The only difference is that I have never called him
names, and if calling a person a "theosophy Basher" or a "Psychotic" isn't
calling names, then I don't know what is!

Now I would also like to know where YOU got the idea that forcefully
disagreeing with someone's attitude is "bashing"? For in that case, what did
you just do to me?

Now, as to that last line of yours. What is it Daniel? A scare tactic, a
threat that if I don't "shut-up", the oh so important Blavatsky Foundation
will get me kicked off the list? Now if that's not bashing what is?

The fact is Daniel, you personally don't like most of the things I have to
say, and so you'd do just about anything to shut me up, and you've decided
that this is exactly the correct ploy.

alexis>