Re: Root Races or Theosophy Bashing?

May 19, 1996 08:57 AM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <2.2.32.19960519113837.006b4334@mail.deltanet.com>, "Eldon B.
Tucker" <eldon@theosophy.com> writes
> The politician may
>be afraid of the truth, because the opponent may attract a following.
>The politician is intentionally promoting disinformation about the
>opponent's ideas, seeking to manipulate people rather than have an
>open, truthful exchange of information.

Theosophical politicians did exactly that to me.

>I don't know anything that would lead me to believe that this is
>intentionally being done with regard to Theosophy, but sometimes,
>like now, I stop and wonder if people may unconsciously act this way?
>
>I can't believe that the idea is so hard to understand, that people
>will continue, time after time, to stick to what could only be called
>"popular misconceptions" about it. It's almost as though it were
>being used as a tool for Theosophy bashing. Let's hope not ...
><another frown>
>
>-- Eldon

The popular misconceptions *are* held and have been expressed to me in
words of one syllable by members of the T.S.  Theosophy bashing is done
within and by the Society - I sometimes think it has a death wish.  For
example, one member of my old lodge actively opposes theosophical
teachings, quoting his support for the three objects as reason for so
doing, as they do not require him - *nor anyone else* (regardless of
what HPB may have written vis a vis the matter) to accept *any*
teaching(s).  In his T.S. there would only be the first object in real
terms.

Alan
---------
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: