Bashing of Eldon?????

May 19, 1996 08:13 AM
by Blavatsky Foundation

Alexis writes:

>Well, first it was your point that people who are interested or involved in
>"chasing psychic phantoms", and now it seems that those who are sincerely
>disturbed by the implications in Institutional Theosophy's Racial Hypotheses
>are "Theosophy Bashing". I suppose we should have expected as much. I've
>been dealing for the past 40years, in my capacity as a human rights
>activist, with people like David Duke and Jerry Fallwell etc. and they all
>do the same thing, when they don't like the message, they attack the
>messenger. And that,Eldon, is precisely what you're doing. You don't like
>the message because it rattles your cage, and so you attack the messenger.
>Whether the subject is psych ism or racism, Eldon B. Tucker knows best!
>
>The total essence of your effusion to Alan is that those of us who are
>disturbed by the racism intrinsic in the "root Race Hypotheses" just don't
>understand it, but Eldon B. Tucker does. Alan Bain is not simply a Doctor of
>Divinity, but a Doctor of Philosophy as well (or perhaps more than one) he
>is a scholar of some note in the theological Criticism Community, and you
>presume to tell him he doesn't understand the meaning of the teachings but
>you do! You ought to be ashamed of yourself! I haven't the slightest idea of
>your attainments or background though I must say I'm far from impressed with
>your output, but do you not know that there are several subscribers to this
>list who are considered to be very distinguished in the field? And yet you
>presume to claim that only Eldon B. Tucker can understand the teachings? Pshaw!
>
>When any institution becomes so encapsulated and crystalized that it
>produces people capable of totally rejecting dissent, as you clearly do,
>then that institution is in dire need of "bashing" to break up the
>encapsulation. You are arrogant and presumptuous, and all you will succeed
>in doing is driving the dissenter, and I am hardly the only one, further and
>further into dissent.

Is Alexis attacking  Eldon?   Instead of showing where Eldon's ideas
are wrong, why  is Alexis getting personal and bashing Eldon?

Alexis, PLEASE, PLEASE SHOW US THE IRRATIONALITY OF ELDON'S IDEAS.  CONVINCE
US WITH REASON AND LOGIC.

But please don't bash Eldon personally.  I hope others will speak up.  This
is very disturbing and I don't think Eldon should be subjected to such
treatment.

John Mead, is Theos-l to be a forum for personally attacking other people?

Daniel