Re: Root Races, Racism, and Reflection (to Alan)

May 18, 1996 11:55 PM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 07:16 PM 5/18/96 -0400, you wrote:
>In message <2.2.32.19960518115019.00689d74@mail.deltanet.com>, "Eldon B.
>Tucker" <eldon@theosophy.com> writes
>>It's what we carry *inside* that makes us at home in a particular place,
>>not the gender, skin pigment, nor clothes we wear.
>>
>>-- Eldon
>
>I would not want to be the person who had to explain this idea to the
>widow of an Asian man after thugs had burned down their home.  Get real!
>These are *people* we are talking about.
>
>Alan
>---------
>THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL:
>Ancient Wisdom for a New Age
>TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk
>http://www.garlic.com/~rdon/TI.html

That's exactly the problem Alan...for too many years people have been
talking about "laggard races" and "Remnant races" etc. etc. and they have
gotten so metaphorical, and so hypothetical, and so totally Ivory Tower that
the people concerned, the Africans, Asians and Jews and Arabs have been
completely forgotten, and also forgotten is that there are people just
waiting for an excuse to unleash the hatred within themselves, and that
leads to thing like Turks getting burned in their beds in Germany, and
Pakistanis getting beaten to death in Britain, and Gypsies getting beaten to
death in  the Czech Republic. It's extremely simple for an anglo-saxon or
other Caucasian to "feel at home" in Europe or the former Commonwealth of
Nations, but what about non-caucasians? This is not really a theosophical
problem but a people problem! And, sadly enough the people with the primary
problem seem to be SOME, BUT NOT ALL theosophists.

alexis