Power Struggles

May 17, 1996 11:25 AM
by Ann E. Bermingham

KPJ:
>Remember Ann B.'s comments about a big turnaround in 1997?
>Let's hope the planets do their job.

Since events seem to coming to a boil, I'd like to repeat the astrological
prediction I offered for TSA and expand upon it.  (Based on natal info for TSA
of 10/30/1886, 7:22 PM, Cincinnati, OH)

In entities older than 100 years, Pluto opposes the natal Pluto at some point.
This signals a time of death and rebirth, economic difficulties and power
struggles.  For the TSA, this begins at the end of 96' and continues through
1997.

In 1998, Uranus trines Uranus repeatedly during the year.  This is an excellent
opportunity for the expression of original and creative ideas by the members and
leaders of the organization.  TSA may establish new contacts with other groups
and receive additional funding.  This is a good time for scientific and occult
pursuits, as well as developing new methods  or uses of technology.  Perhaps the
use of the Internet, along with fresh ideas, will bring the organization new
life.

>But I have got myself
>involved in a huge Baha'i crisis . . .  The bottom line is they
>(the leaders and conservative followers) hate the Internet
>with a passion because it disturbs the tight control
>they have had over all Baha'i discourse for 50 years.
>So they are trying to expel everyone involved
>in the formation of an e-list where people started criticizing the leadership.

>Sad to observe, but it does tend to illustrate the universality
>of spiritual organizations' leadership using any means
>necessary to hang onto control.

I am experiencing much the same with another organization I am involved with.
The leadership will do anything, no matter how crazy or even illegal, to hang
onto their power.  They see the walls shaking around them, changes that are not
in harmony with their personal view of how they think the "world should be" and
they act out of one emotion.  FEAR.  A person who is afraid they are losing
their power, organizational structure and familiar surroundings will stop at
nothing to keep things the way they are.  They do not see new ideas or energies
as possibilities, but as dire threats to their crystallized thought-forms and
notions.  The "world" is coming to an end for them and they are going to fight
like hell.

Acting out of fear, rather than a vision of the good of the whole, they focus on
their own personality needs and lose their best membership.

As the Aquarian energies influence the thinking of more and more people, those
people wanting to implement new ideas are going to be attacked - not because
their ideas are bad, but because they are new.

IMHO, I think this is just the beginning and it's going to be a long time till
we see the dust settle.

- Ann E. Bermingham