levity

May 17, 1996 09:53 AM
by john antonio proietti

dear subscribers,

     Being new to the T.S., I find the gravity of the situation concerning
elections, leadership, international purges (many organizations) disturbing,
quite naturally.  I am a poet and a painter, newly emerging, as I pass my
Golden Birthday - but I like to remind myself that Lao-Tze said: "Great
talents ripen late."  And I do take my time (to everyone's dismay) in every
thought action.  So, let me attempt to put some levity into these discssions.
     I have a cat who stays outdoors year round - here in northwest Montana.
Outdoors, because she symbolizes my UNTAMED . . . .  Now, I noticed that she
grew this incredible, thick, fur coat ! - and when it warmer weather
arrived, she took it off right in the yard.  Imagine if the mink farmers
could refrigerate those little critters and then microwave (albeit gently)
the fur right off them.  And,if poachers could see that by chilling a
cheatah, or leopard, and then warming them up - more than one coat could be
obtained from the animal. The rich and powerful would, then,  have to take
notice and change their attitudes toward killing for fun, pleasure, POWER,
and profit.  My cat has taught me so much.

Member - at - large ( i guess that means plenty of space - since i am the
                  only T.S. member for two hundred miles around )

remaining detached,
John Antonio Proietti