Re: Root Races, Racism, and Reflection

May 15, 1996 04:24 PM
by Jerry Schueler

Eldon, while I applaud your attempt to "explain away"
the racist remarks of TS leaders, I still find that I have
some problems.  My problem is with the teaching
itself.  The basic premise that there is a hierarchy of
human beings clearly implies that some are "better"
than others.  Some are "more mature" than others.
This whole line of thinking will lead us right into the
conclusion that whites are superior to blacks because
they are older and more mature.  Men are superior
to women because they are less emotional (male=sun,
female=moon, etc).  That primitives are "savages" and
animals are "beasts."  Etc., etc.
	The plain truth is that we are all homosapiens
and genetically equal.  Whether HPB's SD is correct or
not, it is neither politically correct, nor very nice to suggest
inequalities.  And I can't help but grit my teeth every time I
read G de P calling an animal a "beast."  Most animals
are more loving and forgiving than humans are.
	This is probably the only area of the TS core
teaching that I simply cannot bring myself to accept.

	Jerry S.
	Member, TI