higher powers

May 10, 1996 07:19 PM
by liesel f. deutsch

>Since they define adepts as someone with "inner powers", and those
>powers equated as the sort of psychical abilities that they have or
>are seeking, I suppose they want the rest of us seeking higher
>powers of mind and lucidity to abandon our foolish ways and follow
>in their footsteps?

Eldon, you're totally zerschimmmelt, on this view. An adept has all sorts of
powers, psychic, mental, astral, buddhic, you name it, (s)he's got it. It
seems to be that your own way is through developing the mind. So that's your
way. And it'll take you a long ways along the Path, your Path. But to become
a complete adept you must also be able to use all the other qualities of a
human being's make up. When I went to school, long time ago, we called that
a well rounded person. So it's gotta be a well rounded adept, & if (s)he's
just developed one or 2 faculties, (s)he's still lopsided, not done yet, &
needs to be cooked some more.

Liesel