Re: You Warned Me(to JRC)

May 10, 1996 03:29 PM
by Drpsionic

John,
Uh, er, on the little matter of any of us promoting people to use their
psychic abilities, that's kind of what my books are supposed to do.
But then, I'm a heretic and heretics are supposed to do that sort of thing.
 It gives the orthodox a chance to feel morally superior and the rest of us a
chance to ignore their feelings on the matter, so everyone is happy.
I have found that the best response to our brethren when they get on this
"don't be psychic," thing is to ask how they propose to stop us.  It makes
them sputter very nicely.
This is obviously something Eldon feels very strongly about, like Doss and
vegetarianism.  Arguing will do no good (though sometimes it helps my blood
pressure get up to near normal) and none of us is going to change the other's
mind.  I'm sure that Eldon is not so foolish as to expect any of us to stop
working with psychic stuff because of his or anyone else's postings, but if
it makes him feel righteous, we should let him have his fun.
Besides,everyone on this list is probably crazy anyway.  If they aren't when
they join, they will be.

Chuck the Atrocious MTI, FTSA
Heretic
Troublemaker