Response from Donna to Eldon and Alexis

May 10, 1996 02:34 PM
by Donna_Faber

So many thanks to Eldon and Doss for being so sweet.  I read your comments to
Leslie over the phone, and she was very touched.  A little acknowledgement goes
a long way.  I got a lot out of Eldon's message regarding schizophrenia and the
psychic, and I do indeed agree with his and some of the other thoughts
regarding the nonconventional healing process pertaining to this specific
disease.  Yet I recommend extreme caution, and every one should know that my
caution exists because I am very subjective in this particular area, and
because I hold very little regard for conventional medical professionals.
Responding to Eldon, specifically -- there is no question in my mind that what
Gloria endured, and that what Leslie and I endured as a result, has very heavy
karmic implications.  Gloria's life lesson seemed to be a lesson in suffering.
She suffered a lot, but with dignity whenever possible.   I came out of the
experience with too many lessons to count.

Eldon stated "It's a matter of conjecture if these voices are actual entities
that are talking to the person, or internal, subjective experiences of the
person."  I believe that these experiences become subjective simply by the way
in which they occur.  They become subject to the interpretation of the
individual, their beliefs, what they can contain as an intellectual.  Perhaps
that is why some folks with this disease can functional with little to no
specific therapeutic routine, and somehow know that their medication needs
adjusting when and if they feel a little paranoid.  It gets back to each case
being specific, maybe even atypical.

I whole heartedly agree with Eldon's comments regarding our quest to understand
the meaning of life and our life purpose.  This is a big subject for me at this
time.  I'm spending a lot of time in front of lit candles and talismans, etc.,
deep in meditation on this very thing.   And yes, the spiritual side and the
practical side of treating schizophrenia correctly has application to everyone,
i.e., taking responsibility for your life when you can, applying
self-discipline, adhering to healthy routines.  All of these things are an
important part of approaching enlightenment.

A couple of days ago I made a comment to Alexis -- "The
shaman/healer/teacher/leader who can do her duty correctly and without the
dynamics of control dramas is a rare find".  By control drama, I mean the
dramas or processes we put ourselves and others through when engaging with the
ego.  Shamans, healers, teachers, and leaders are all in a position of control
.. they gain energy from what they do.  It is a lot of responsibility, and the
temptation of misusing that power over others is quite alluring in of itself.
I agree that a shaman should not suggest a patient stop their usual medical
treatment with mainstream medicine.  The removal of the ego from every day life
leads to our actions becoming dharma or duty in much the same way that doing
selflessly for others becomes seva or service.  This is what I was referring to.

See ya, everybody and have a great weekend!