Re: HPB on TSR in BCW 12

May 09, 1996 01:50 PM
by Nicholas Weeks

>Unfortunately, the version of HPB's esoteric instructions (I, II, and III) as
>given in HPB's COLLECTED WRITINGS, Vol. 12  is NOT as HPB originally wrote them
>in 1889.  The COLLECTED WRITINGS version even has material missing.

I do not know why Dan says "unfortunately" and "NOT as HPB originally
wrote them". There were changes in the ES material during HPB's lifetime.
I would think they would have been approved, or even instigated by her.  I
believe Boris de Zirkoff used the "final" version, that is, the last one
that was sent out during HPB's life. The later ES Inst. #1 (ca. 1890-91?)
has the same "missing" passage quoted by Dan. If HPB chose to edit her
own later work & delete passages, so be it.

[...]

>Compare the above quote with the abridged version in Vol. 12, p.  526.

"abridged" by HPB or someone of that era, NOT by Boris de Zirkoff.

Just clarifying,

--
Nicholas <> am455@lafn.org <> Los Angeles
"Morality is water that cleanses stains of wrongdoing; it is moonlight