Re: repartee vs. substance

May 08, 1996 02:32 AM
by Darrin Potaka

At 04:37 AM 7/05/96 -0400, you wrote:
>>There are several different factors=
>> behind such failures. The two which concern us here are first, lack of any=
>> practical workable method  to implement the ideal, and second, belief in=
>> the delusion that a group can do better what only an individual can do for=
>> himself. This is where philosophy shows its superiority. In reference to=
>> the first of these two factors, it teaches us exactly what we can do with=
>> our bodies, our feelings, our thoughts, and our intuitions to bridge the=
>> wide gap between ideals and their actualization. In reference to the second=
>> factor, it proves that to practise individualism, self-reliance, is=
>> essential to real progress.....
>>Kind Regards
>>Darrin
>>Blavatsky Lodge, Sydney Australia
>
>Well put! Darrin! & thank you for saying it. As a Karma Yoga person, I've
>been saying for months exactly what you put so nicely. Maybe it'll sink in
>when you say it.
>
>Liesel

Hi Liesel
I'm glad you liked the above however I did not ‘pen’ it. It was extracted from The posthumously published Notebooks of Paul Brunton, Notebook 11(The Sensitives), Chapter Eight (Christian Science, Other Spiritual Movements), Subdivision -Virtues/Faults and was posted because I believed it to be a relevant observation regarding the goal of universal brotherhood.
Kind regards
Darrin