Re: HPB/CWL (Daniel)

May 05, 1996 04:38 PM
by Kim Poulsen

Daniel:
>But now it seems that you want to widen the discussion even more!!!

Dear Daniel, we are discussing the whole framework of esoteric philosophy,
it cannot be any wider than this  - and excuse me for these hastily written
remarks.

>You mean to say that you cannot try to step back from your own
>"thought-forms" ......

No, but I will not implant the germ of doubt in a field where I already
formed my opinion long ago. It is a great mistake to view esoteric systems
as separated and independant. Watch the method of the Secret Doctrine which
is completely different. It never isolates a system to understand it even
though it treats of hundreds.

>Well, Kim, if your object is to convince readers like me, then you will
have >to  be more focused in what you say than what I have read in the last
post >or two. You speak in very, very general terms....that's okay.  But it
doesn't >get down to the nitty gritty.

 I am dealing with subjects that are self-evident to myself. State the
subject you wish to see explained in detail. You may be thinking we have
finished some subjects - we have hardly begun. I expect Jerry to  follow me
step by step and agree or disagree.

>Have you read his works?  Do you have access to his
>books?

No! Not around here. I already stated so. It is a choice, not some sort of
accidental oversight, I will not go into this subject (but it is not caused
from any hostile opinion).

>why not change the focus to HPB/AAB?

We may do so. But with CWL in a state of severe misunderstanding AAB would
be in a bad position. First things first.

>I would hope since your object is to plant the germ of reasonable doubt
>in Jerry HE's mind, that you would also challenge your own understanding
>of the subject.  I am also hoping Jerry HE would do the same.

Of course Daniel.

>Maybe you and Jerry need to severely limit what you are attempting to do.
>Your discussion is ranging all over the board.
>But unless both of you severely focus your discussion, I fear that both of
>you will go round and round in a circle.

We will get around to all the points, yes. Just be patient and keep the
posts if the subject interests you. If we continue for some time you will
have all your nitty gritty details when the posts are read together. These
are not subjects for casual reading.

>Could you and Jerry HE maybe post a few extracts from Vol. XII of HPB's
>writings on the subject under discussion, and then each of you give your
>understanding of what HPB is conveying?  This might be a  starting point
>then from which you two could then bring in material from CWL or AAB.

Please be patient, just watch the thread evolve. If we can come to an
agreement from the preliminary outlining, much work will be saved - I spent
14 hours today on this thread and various sub-threads.

>Plus interested readers will find themselves in a confusing fog due to the
>vague, generalizing nature of the discusssion.

    Just ask, Daniel - but specifically :-). My main point sofar has been
that our solar system is on the seventh universal plane, called prakriti
and prakritic by HPB and Subba Row. This is hardly vague and generalizing
but a vital point which Jerry hopefully is chewing on just now.If he
disagrees I will add further material, if he agrees I will go back to his
initial objections.

In friendship,

Kim