Re: HPB's sources

May 07, 1996 06:14 PM
by Richtay

Alexis writes,

> HPB was perfectly correct in her total rejection of Tantra. In the past
many
> years I have associated with many valid and "advanced" Indian Teachers
> including Sri Aurobindo and some of Yogananda's original disciples and they
> all agree that Tantra is harmful and foolish.

Actually, there is a WORLD of difference between the Hindu and Buddhist
Tantras.  I would agree that the vast majority of Hindu tantras appear to be
of the "left hand path," i.e. personal, sensual gratification for earthly
results.

But the topic is not Hindu tantras, but the Buddhist Tantras preserved in
Tibet.  And HPB did not "totally reject Tantra" as one may see reading only
the Preface of the SECRET DOCTRINE.  See my last post on that topic.