Re: HPB/CWL (Rich/JerryS.)

May 07, 1996 04:49 PM
by Jim Meier

Rich:
>>  I think the questions you are asking and the proedure you are following
>>is the only way to explain how original Theosophy differs from neo-Theosophy,
>>and goes a long way toward explaining WHY they differ.

Jerry S.:
>	Rich, you seem to have already reached your conclusion (i.e,
>that there IS a difference).  I guess all JHE has to do now is to tie
>up some loose ends?  Apparently Jim can go home. (?)  JHE was
>unable to demonstrate to me that any real differences exist.  Now Jim
>wants to try his luck.  I respectfully suggest that their discussion will
>"prove" nothing, because everyone already seems to have their minds
>made up.

Hmmm... "J" and "K" are next to each other on a keyboard; were you meaning
"Kim"?

In reference to the thread between Kim & Jerry: maybe everyone has their
minds made up now, but there's hope for us.  :)

To me, it's fascinating history -- a little out of my league, but
fascinating nonetheless.  When they get to the part about agreed differences
in the systems (as best as can be agreed upon, anyway), I hope it will
continue on to the *significance*, if any, of those differences.  Then I
hope they go back to that side-thread about Subba Row and maybe Sinnet...
and then maybe I'll pipe up about AAB.
:)

Jim