HPB/CWL etc.

May 07, 1996 01:02 PM
by liesel f. deutsch

Rich says

 Don't you think I would be THRILLED to find as many people as possible
>spreading the teachings of Theosophy?

Rich,

Seems to me what you're looking for is another generation of Theosophists,
who are carbon copies of HPB. I think that's not what she meant. I think
she'd be horrified, at theosophists who'd just try to parrot her. The value
of her teachings is that everyone can interpret them in his/her own way.
Besides, you guys always get stuck on second generation Theosophists. There
are people nowadays who are writing theosophy, & the good ones are really
worth looking at & thinking about, because they live now, & interpet
theosophy for now, not for 100 years ago.

Liesel