Re: Original Posting Regarding "The Gang of Four"

May 06, 1996 11:31 PM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 10:24 PM 5/6/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Following is the original posting where the term "the
>Gang of Four" arose. Note that it was a comment in
>the subject. My only reference to "the four of you"
>was with regard to your rejecting external authority.
>Alexis was the only one to object to the statement,
>saying that he was definitely anti-religious in any
>regard.

Eldon:

You have engaged in selective quotation and editing  here. and you've
changed "Gang of four" into "four of You". Now I know your predilections for
"Spin doctoring" and I assume this is an instance. But I think you're
grabbing at an opportunity caused by my misunderstanding vis a vis
"fruitcake" (and it's not a total misunderstanding only a regional
difference)to imply that either I, or all of us, "got it wrong again". But I
didn't, and Chuck didn't and other folks saw the original posting too. I
know you enjoy always being right, but this is carrying it too far, too far
indeed. Now, I for one, as you may have noticed if you cared to look, am no
longer even referring to the subject, nor is JRC, and certainly not Alan or
Jerry Schueler. Chuck's having far too much fun to stop. But I really think
you should. Let it drop Eldon.

alexis d.