Re: Repartee versus substance

May 06, 1996 06:11 PM
by Bee Brown

ramadoss@eden.com wrote:

> John:
>
> It does not take a genius or learned pundit to open their eyes and see what
> is going on around the world. There is continual wars of all kinds going on.
> People kill other people for politics, religion, nationalism, you name it.
> Look at all the refugees all over the world. Look also at the exploitaion
> that goes in various facets of all our lives. Greed and corruption and
> exploitation of those who really need to be protected and cared for by those
> who are with more knowledge etc.
>
> An ounce of application of Universal Brotherhood will go a long way. Can one
> person solve all world's problems. Certainly not. Can each one of us do
> something about it in our own lives. Yes we can. If more and more of us
> become sensitive to these issues with Universal Brotherhood as the backbone,
> then gradually we can exponentially affect all those with whom we come into
> contact in our daily life as well as not be involved in any activity which
> is hurtful from the point of Universal Brotherhood.
>
> Am I crying in the wilderness? May be? If we do not recognize the idea of
> Universal Brotherhood, then what are our goals and how are they going to
> affect other living beings? This is a question each one of us can ask and
> try to find an answer.
>
>         ...dossI agree,Doss, and try to do my little bit in my backyard to lighten the
atmosphere. When I read AB's book on Thoughts a few years back, I was
really amazed to realise that I could have an effect just by what I
thought and this has become clearer as time goes by and now I try to keep
only thoughts that are helpful to the thought world in mind. It isn't
easy but I keep reminding myself what I am trying to do and little by
little many stupid thoughts are no longer there and at time there do not
seem to be any thoughts there at all. Here in NZ I see the effects of Gov
policy having a dreadful effects on the people who work in their dept, eg
Inland Revenue, hospitals, Housing Corp etc. People are having stress
leave all over the place and some just cannot work in the catch 22
situation that has been created. Brotherhood is completely lacking and
our politicians are a joke, after all we only have 3 mil people and most
of them are kids or elderly so what is left????
Sounds the same the world over. I wonder if soon something has to give. I
think the earth is going to have a big shake and get rid of us for a
while.

--

   Bee Brown
   Member TSNZ,Wanganui Branch.