Re: Let them eat cake-not fruits!

May 04, 1996 10:59 PM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 04:23 PM 5/4/96 -0400, you wrote:

>Keith:
>
>Well, I have Pluto conjunct Mercury conjunct the Midheaven which means I
like to
>communicate in a bold, impulsive, sometimes crude manner and use astrology to
>justify all my shortcomings too boot! :)
>Lighten up already! Not everyone who says nigger is a racist, or bitch is a
>sexist or queer is a homophobe, but those that demand apologies and judge the
>spirtituality of others from one or two words, well, perhaps could look inside
>at their own insecurites and touchiness.  I think this freedom of speech is all
>right as long as you agree with me and if not I'll call you a name attitude, is
>worse than calling one a name, I think(?), or none of this namecalling is very
>buddhic.   Well homophobe is a name too and doesn't lilt off the tounge
either:)

>By the way, I meant fruitcake, in the sense of "airhead", kook,  obvious
>eccentric in dress and appearance. But to be honest, I started out with fruit
>and added cake.  So digest  what you can and throw back the rest!
>
>Yes, it is cruel to categorize one and inspire prejudice and perpertrate unfair
>stereotypes.  But sometimes you have got to use the word that fits-my first
>thought was fruitcake and almost everyone has confirmed I was right! So
hang me!
>Because one is homosexual would not make one any less or more of a spiritual
>being (this is a topic in itself) from this fact alone.  But one has a
right  to
>freedom of expression of impressions and feelings, just as one has a right to
>freedom of sexual expression.  You can use anger and intolerance to fight anger
>and intolerance, but it doesn't change anyone,  at least not on a deep level.
>You can only silence all free expressions of viewpoints!
>
>Your mother wears army boots,
>Keith Price
>Sticks and stones may break my bones, but Namaste anyway!

Keith: 'Thank you for your kind response. sometime, if you meet someone from
ACT-UP or QUEER NATION, repeat what you just said, and you will learn that I
am a moderate. But nevertheless, I am assured by others that "Fruitcake"
doesn't mean in Texas what it means in New York City and so I apologize for
my outburst. Someday you may comprehend what living with prejudice does to
one, in the interim I can't expect you to understand and it's obvious you
don't empathize. Once again sorry for my mistake:

alexis d.>