RE: Is it real? Better measure

May 04, 1996 10:40 AM
by Keith Price

.Sally writes:
> And, says the Rochester Review, "Mandel's team has shown experimentally that
> quantum mechanics wins again:  There *is* no reality until a measurement is
> made."
>     Says professor Mandel-
>    "Many people accept the notion that reality is something separate from the
> information we take through our own detectors - our senses. Our results run
> counter to that thinking, in emphasizing  that there is no reality in the
> absence of measurement.  Even Einstein had trouble accepting that this was
> true."
>   Whoosh.......
>   Does this mean that the world really might go away when we aren't looking?
> Are you all my imagination? Am I having a bad dream and need to wake up?
> mutter, mumble .........
>   Sally Ann Smith
>   Encore9016@aolcom

Keith:
Those of us interested in lucid dreaming sometimes called out of body
experience, skryying and other things have noted that in our dreams everything
is strangely hard and strangely decomposable (mist like) according to
expectaions and maybe some other things.  For instance, I had a lucid dream last
night.  When I "woke up" in my dream to the fact that I was dreaming I was
excited about doing "experiments".  I proved to myself I was dreaming by jumping
into the air.  I floated to the top of the ceiling, but didn't go through it nor
could I go through a glass door like a ghost .   It was hard and when I bumped
it was exactly what I expected and I didn't want to break it because I knew it
would cause a lot of pain if it cut me.  It seems like all is Maya, but this
Maya can really hurt (it seems we can learn karmic lesson in dreams and do as
often suggested).  I also noticed that when I walked through doors, the
perspective (3-d reality) was exactly what I would expect in waking
consciousness, but there was a little lag, a little time lapse as if the special
effects man was a second or two behind combining images.  The effect was like
the image maker in my dreaming mind was getting overloaded and was dragging
behind.

I guess we are converging on the possiblity that we are creating our own reality
and playing it back to ourselves on all  the levels and planes whether-
dreaming/astral, quantum mechanics/ physical subplane etc. and that "reality" is
just waiting to get caught with its pants down and we get to see the Wizard of
Oz, ourselves,  pulling all those levers behind the curtain.  And then what?  I
keep waking up or is it going to sleep and then waking up and then...

Namaste
Keith Price