Re: Wilber and Hero Worship

May 03, 1996 01:58 PM
by Richtay

Responding to Keith's posts, Alexis writes,

> Now I do want to say this, Franklin (that's his real name) is fat, he's
> anglo, and he is a gay man, but the word "Fruitcake" is no more acceptable
> than the word "Nigger! If you're going to sign your messages with "Namaste"
> you'd best mean it for everybody. I'm not the only Gay person on this list
> and I take very strong exception to words like "fag" and "fruitcake"! I

Geez, chill out !  I did not get the sense Keith was using the word
"fruitcake" in a way that had anything to do with gays !  I understood Keith
to mean that this guru fellow looks very strange.  Fruitcake has a lot of
meanings, you know?

And Keith did NOT use the word "fag."  Boy.  How quickly one can assume they
are being called names.  I wonder if in a day or two Alexis is going to run
around writing that he's personally been called "heretic" "blasphemer" and
"fag" to boot.

Oh, the evils of Theos-hell !