Re: Freedom of Opinion: Thoughts on What JHE and Alexis have been posting

May 02, 1996 11:02 PM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 01:44 PM 5/2/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Jerry HE writes to Alexis,
>

>Daniel comments:
>
>So Alexis has jumped in the pool!  Good for you.
>
>I agree with all three propositions listed by Jerry HE.  And I believe that
>everyone on theos-l should have the freedom to state their  opinion of Theos-l.

Having said that, and let me say to you that I agree with the sense of most
of what you said in your continuing message but I cannot admit to some of
the detailing. Far be it from me to deny anyone their belief in CWL
(remember HPB is NOT the issue here, no one admires her more than J.H-E and
myself), but the issue is that, IMO Liesel has absolutely forbidden the
discussion of CWL in any context. Now I agree with eldon, that if I was
simply discussing History, then Theos-Roots is the proper venue. But I am
not discussing past history, CWL's personal life is past history and that
really doesn't bother me (He's really no worse than Bertie Russell was) what
I am trying to discuss, in a reasonable fashion, it what I perceive to be
the pernicious effects of CWL's work and teaching on the theosophical
movement today. And that, I believe is entirely relevant for this list.

Now as to RichTay's age, I think that JRC, Jerry Schueler, Alan, and I know
I, were actually using his age to perhaps account for his terrible manners.
It's not WHAT Rich says that we object to. it's HOW he says it. There are at
least five people on this board who strongly perceive Rich's attitude as
entirely disrespectful of the intelligence and knowledge of those with whom
he disagrees. THAT is why we are all trying to give him the benefit of
immaturity to explain his really unacceptable attitude. I realize that my
own expectations "date me" but the man is NOT a gentleman, if he thinks he
is, he should try to prove it by acting like one. I think Rich's approach to
the entire subject is highly limiting, but that's his right, it is not his
right to limit others. It is his bad manners that are indefensible.

alexis d.