Re: scuttling theos-l

May 02, 1996 12:13 PM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 06:41 AM 5/2/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Liesel:
>
>>For a while there, I was thinking that, since we were talking so unfavorably
>>about the ES, the ES had planted a few people to write on theos-l, to at
>>least get us off the subject, if not destroy our well going conversations
>>all together. Then I thought "Noooo, that's too cloak & dagger".
>
>Yes, I don't think that people do things like that. At least I wouldn't
>suspect such a thing without substantial evidence, since I'm inclined
>to give people the benefit of the doubt.
>
>>Today & yesterday I came back to the thought, because Chuck & Alexis turned up
>>around that time, & they *have* managed for the time being to destroy much
>>of our conversation. Chuck at times talks about the habits of people in
>>Wheaton, including John Algeo's, habits he wouldn't know about unless he
>>hung around Olcott a lot. Maybe strange things are happening? If you
>>disenfranchise members to keep them from voting against you, you might try
>>that kind of a Chuck trick as well. Ho ho! ho ho!
>
>You're joking, I hope!!! Seriously, I don't think that the negative side
>of things manifests itself very often in people as self-conscious intent to
>do harm. Rather, I think that it's the dark suspicions, angry reactions to
>people, and general negativity that catches us unaware, and clouds our
>minds and hearts. If there's a dark side to life, it would get its way
>through "divide and conquer," through catching people and subtly changing
>them, slyly changing them without them being aware.
>
>-- Eldon
>
>Eldon:

Now that's the most astonishing thing I've ever seen! Chuck Cosimano and I
as E.S. Plants? Chuck as you may know lives in Franklin Park Illinois (close
to wheaton) and his house mate Gerda works at Olcott, obviously details of
life at Olcott are intrinsic to their conversation. As to myself, I am too
much the object of the negative attentions of the E.S. to accept such an
accusation lightly.

I don't think either Chuck or myself have "destroyed" the conversation on
this list, livened it up perhaps, and introduced some new topics. But I
really submit that someone who is as enamored of CWL as is Liesel Deutsch
can hardly accuse someone who is totally against CWL of being an E.S.
member. The E.S. today is what CWL made it and I unreservedly disapprove of
both of them.

alexis d.