Re: scuttling theos-l

May 01, 1996 02:10 AM
by Eldon B. Tucker

Liesel:

>For a while there, I was thinking that, since we were talking so unfavorably
>about the ES, the ES had planted a few people to write on theos-l, to at
>least get us off the subject, if not destroy our well going conversations
>all together. Then I thought "Noooo, that's too cloak & dagger".

Yes, I don't think that people do things like that. At least I wouldn't
suspect such a thing without substantial evidence, since I'm inclined
to give people the benefit of the doubt.

>Today & yesterday I came back to the thought, because Chuck & Alexis turned up
>around that time, & they *have* managed for the time being to destroy much
>of our conversation. Chuck at times talks about the habits of people in
>Wheaton, including John Algeo's, habits he wouldn't know about unless he
>hung around Olcott a lot. Maybe strange things are happening? If you
>disenfranchise members to keep them from voting against you, you might try
>that kind of a Chuck trick as well. Ho ho! ho ho!

You're joking, I hope!!! Seriously, I don't think that the negative side
of things manifests itself very often in people as self-conscious intent to
do harm. Rather, I think that it's the dark suspicions, angry reactions to
people, and general negativity that catches us unaware, and clouds our
minds and hearts. If there's a dark side to life, it would get its way
through "divide and conquer," through catching people and subtly changing
them, slyly changing them without them being aware.

-- Eldon